Viruses corrupt your computer steals your personal confidential data, and uses it against you, or cause chaos leaving you clueless. This makes Antivirus programs very important tools to have in your system. AVG and McAfee applications are well known on the market of cybersecurity software, so it is essential to establish the best option between them.
If you are reading this article you are probably interested in choosing McAfee or AVG. This is why we have made in-depth research on the 2 antivirus programs. In this guide, we will be telling you more about – McAfee vs AVG comparison.
The benefits of each application
These two antiviruses are popular among the users due to the high-quality protection and availability of multiple additional features.
AVG successfully blocks many type of malicious software or external threats. They offer payment protection when buying goods from internet, convenient Firewall feature and webcam protection. In addition, the “Smart Scan” features puts the system under the number of advanced scanning processes when the user is inactive.
McAfee antivirus has the set of similar features but, in this case, you will need an extension. McAfee offers a social media guard, standard firewall and unlimited connection like in AVG with additional security management feature. You can also use its functionality to remove useless files from the device permanently. This antivirus program allows you to control the protection of any of your devices remotely. Overall, it is cheaper.
H3 McAfee Pros & Cons
We have put together a list of the pros and cons of using McAfee.
- Malicious URL detection.
- Multiple device coverage with an annual subscription.
- Good customer support system.
- More User-friendly interface than earlier versions.
- Advanced bonus security features like a shredder, firewall, email security, Cloud antivirus, etc.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Compatible with various operating systems.
- Relatively affordable antivirus program.
- Language supported is English.
- Slow scan speed.
- Average performance.
- The interface is still not as easy to navigate.
AVG Pros and Cons
- Not heavy for download.
- Enhanced security features like Email security, antispam, macro protection, and Cloud antivirus.
- Compatible with various operating systems confidential data encryption and security.
- Easy installation process.
- Unlimited security for multiple devices with an annual subscription.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Languages supported are English, Dutch, Polish, Turkish and Swedish.
- Mac users may experience some limitations.
This is the result of the in-dept research on the comparison between McAfee and AVG antivirus applications.
Both cybersecurity programs have top-quality services that provide good security to users, protecting them from various threats. The choice of the best option depends on the user and his or her preferences of set of additional features.